Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

wood/ fibreglass

I know Pearl put these out, but who built the Coronet wood f/g?..Were they different somehow than the Pearl line, or are they actually Pearl shells made by Pearl??...who knows anymoreLoLoLoLo

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

Finally got hold of an expert in this area. They are made by Pearl, they are proto types of what is now the new "wood fiberglass" series. They were later named President as most of you are familiar with...Keepers for sure, esp in the condition they are in

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

Who is this expert? Very interesting!

I've seen (on the internet) a set of Coronets that were phenolic that have popped up and I know someone who has an odd ball shell of questionable origin that could be one of these, too. BTW: the phenolic Presidents came first 1966ish. Then the fiberglass came in the early 70s. That does not mean that they were not playing with fiberglass before the phenolic. Just that they were available to the public as phenolic first. Maybe they were playing with both materials in the early 60s?! Interesting!

Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

tris...thx for your imput. Because they are badged Coronet, this has many Pearlites confused, because everything is Pearl..except the badge..Nice heavy drums, cant wait to lay into a 22"bass drum again, its been awhile.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

Phenolic and fiberglass Coronets. Awesome. Makes a guy wonder how many are floating around out there?!

http://www.tbrucewittet.com/2011/04/a-shocking-drum-revelation-not-all-of-those-cheapo-60s-japanese-pearl-drums-were-cheap-in-fact/

Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

Hardly any at all from what I gather.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

The pics of the Coronet shell don't look like phenolic to me. The color is all wrong.

Posted on 8 years ago

Seems to be a rare bird for sure these Coronets. Im keeping them though because I did a show with them without really having tuned them the way I normally would, but all I can say is if you have not tried wood/fiberglass drums...do it.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

Hey Wayne,

Great score!! Bought a pile of Pearl W/F shells/parts to get the cymbals for the nephew. The W/F's have been allowed to cut in line on other restorations. Did a fast clean-up on the 13" tom. If any indication the kit is going to sound killer.

Will be interested in how well the re-issues sell.

Creighton

Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here