Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

wondering what set this is

Posted on 15 years ago

I have no idea. I can't tell if it says "Jfo Set" or "Ho Set". It looks like an Asian import. The bass tom mount looks like an Asian Swivo copy. That would put it somewhere between the 60's and mid 70's. How's that for narrowing it down!!! The wrap is not typical of the Japanese stencil kits. It's really plain-jane. Is it a wrap or is it acrylic? I can't tell. The lugs sort of look like a Slingerland copy (or a teardrop), but it's hard to see details on these pics. 350 seem high for 'THAT' kit. I don't know much beyond what I've stated here.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi,

That drumkit is a 'HOSHINO", vintage Japanese drum kit, which was actually TAMA - "Hoshino-Gakki". I recently sold one of those kits not too long ago. It's a little better than the typical stencil kits. Check out the Tama website, they have an old catalogue section.

Hope that helps.

Posted on 15 years ago

Kid, let me know when you are ready, I will send you my email address and get these shipped out. Take care.

Posted on 15 years ago

im gettin paid soon. ive had a few people here wanting to sell. but im holding out for your luddys. it will be a good project and im excited. dont think i forgot just counting down days till pay day. once the cash is in my hand ill let you know and well get this thing started. thanks for the patience.

Posted on 15 years ago

Maybe the forum members could step in and help with some of the items and such. This would be a cool thing. We could 'donate' odd pieces of hardware and such that we really wouldn't miss to help you out. I don't mind it at all. Anything to help out a young drummer. There are members here who have those small items you will need just laying around and gathering dust. This could be a seriously cool thing. I'll start the thread and let others jump in as they follow their heart. cool.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here