Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

wondering if this gretch kit is worth the buying

the guy said its a mid 70;s Gretsch drum set. I dont know alot about gretch , but the price is $300....what do you think

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm thinking for 300, and Gretsch, prolly a good deal, I'd go test drive them.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Looks to me like what the guy is saying and what the kit is

are two different things.Does'nt look a Gretsch kit to me.

Tama mabye?

"It's Charlie Watts' band
Without him we wouldn't have a group"

Keith Richards
Posted on 14 years ago

The only thing Gretsch about those drums is the logo on the front bass drum head. Probably an import blackhawk set if it is a gretsch product. I'd pass as they only went for about $550 NEW, and these appear to be late 80's at the newest. $150, maybe, but $300....Ummmm No

Posted on 14 years ago

Ditto. It's hard to tell from the photos, but those don't look like Gretsch lugs, and they don't appear to have the Gretsch silver interiors.

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 14 years ago

Looks like an old Tama Imperialstar kit. Cool drums! I'm not sure I would pay 300, but if it's Imperialstar drums, I would take the drive.

Posted on 14 years ago

Def. not Gretsch... from the lugs alone.

68 Ludwig Downbeats / Blue Sparkle / 5.5 X 14 Supraphonic Snare
Zildjian Cymbals (Mix of A's A Custom, and K Customs)
Posted on 14 years ago

I've seen 3 different types of Blackhawks,and this is one-BUT-the head says BLACKHAWK,not Gretsch.Another type is on the Daddys Junky Music Ebay site,which look to me like leftover Island Music Rogers sets with "chubby"Rogers lugs.These used Tama style tom mounts,which this set has.That looks like a cross between the two early types.Very possible.My Blackhawks,which I sold a year ago,had gray zolocote interiors.

More additions to the "stencil" story......

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here