Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Wondering exactly what this is...

I know it's Ludwig WMP and has Super Classic throw off, but I guess the depth is 6'' as the lugs are not continuous. Is it a symphony?

Hope the picture is ok, still not sure how to do the attaching thumb thing.

You guys rock in here BTW, thanks. :)

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Ludwig Symphonic model if it has the P-87 throw-off.....School Festival model if its a P-83/85 throwoff. Also, if it is a 15" diameter drum it would definately be the School Festival model.

Posted on 15 years ago

Not great on the IDing thing but based on the pictures in "The Ludwig Book" by Rob Cook... pg. 258 a drum called first called the "New Classic" then name changed to the "Ray McKinley" 1947-56 6.5x14 ... could be a match.

Or the drum you mention "The Symphonic" on p.261 seems like a good match as well. 1956-1974 6.5x14.

I'll be curious to see what the experts have to offer.

I think you can do 4 or 5 pictures.. maybe one of the throw-off and interior... I'm really just curious and it will help me learn a little if somebody adds details on the id by pointing out specifics on the hardware.

BEAUTIFUL DRUM!

Ludwig Dude... is the "Super Classic" throw off the big paddle??

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Not great on the IDing thing but based on the pictures in "The Ludwig Book" by Rob Cook... pg. 258 a drum called first called the "New Classic" then name changed to the "Ray McKinley" 1947-56 6.5x14 ... could be a match.Or the drum you mention "The Symphonic" on p.261 seems like a good match as well. 1956-1974 6.5x14.I'll be curious to see what the experts have to offer.I think you can do 4 or 5 pictures.. maybe one of the throw-off and interior... I'm really just curious and it will help me learn a little if somebody adds details on the id by pointing out specifics on the hardware.BEAUTIFUL DRUM!Ludwig Dude... is the "Super Classic" throw off the big paddle??

I guess you could call the P87 Super Classic throw off "the big paddle" LOL!

Posted on 15 years ago

Measured and it's for sure a 6''.

Has no date stamps and the whole kit is pre serial keystone, the one time

original owner said he got it in about 1960. Too me it sounds just as good as

the Supra he 'upgraded' to. Doesn't kill me like a metal snare does but I have

to constantly adjust the throw off, adds to the charm. Been just killing the crap outta this kit for the last 2 weeks, and starting to worry the glue is going to start coming undone or something. Let me know if anyone has

ever had issues where the glue starts to seperate and I'll throw these back into the cases and go back to my sorry Tama Granstars... :D

Added 2 more pics too, and thanks for the replies guys.

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here