Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Wondering about the worth of Ludwig Snare?

I just got a Ludwig Snare with a drumset that i just bought. It doesnt match the kit. I was told it was vintage from chicago but i didnt believe the guy. After looking it over it appears to me to have a mid sixties Ludwig badge. There is a stamp on the inside that appears to say Jun 1966. I attached a small photo of the badge i hope that it works. The drum is in very good condition and has little to no marks on it. I was wondering if someone would be able to guess how much it is worth?

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

The badge really does not tell you anything about the type of drum it is, but the drum looks like a Ludwig Acrolite based on the part of the shell I can see.

So, $175 up...

Condition is a big factor when pricing drums.

I forgot to mention that if the kit was Ludwig and the same year, then it probably did come with the drumset. Not all sets were shipped with matching wood snare drums.

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks for taking a look at it. Here is another picture of it that shows a little more of the drum if you get a chance to look at it.

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Yep, its a standard 8 lug Acro. Looks like it has some scratching which lowers value. Chrome looks reasonable. If muffler and strainer is intact I think $150 to $200. I would clean it and keep it....it should be a great sounding drum.

Posted on 16 years ago

Well thanks alot for the information it was really helpful!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here