Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Wise Investment?

OK..........I've got $300.00 to spend and can pick up a Vintage (1960s) Slingerland Silver Sparkle Cocktail Kit comprised of the drum in a 14 x 24 configuration, a mounting assembly with cowbell ("Zil-Bel"), and cymbal mounting assembly and L-Arm (no cymbal). Would this be a good investment since I'm a collector, not a player?

OR................. should I use the money to invest in another vintage snare drum to add to my collection?

THANKS IN ADVANCE for your consideration!:)

Posted on 17 years ago

Another interesting snare - cocktail kits are cool and quirky but when it comes down to the number of people collecting them against snares.....well, you can do the math.

Never invest in anything so niche that your potential re-sale market can pretty much cease to exist through the vagaries of fashion (or anything that eats - this last tip totally off topic but something an uncle once told me after he got burned on livestock).

People will always play snares.

Cheers,

Davi

Posted on 17 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]OldSchool:

Apologies for the late reply. Hope whatever you decided to do is working well for you!

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here