Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Who needs Vintage Sling WMP wrap?

I aquired a set of 70 sling 6/8" toms that I want to wrap in WMP that matches my set, as you know its impossible to do with new standard wrap you can buy. So I'm custom ordering a full sheet from Drum Maker, and it will be spot on to what original wrap looks like. I won't need to much for 2 small toms, so if anyone needs some, let me know, I would like to offset my cost a little.

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 12 years ago

How does it compare to the aged WMP they sell? Or is this a different custom order? I didn't know they did custom work. Any idea how it would match the Slingerland 40's WMP pattern? It's kind of subtle/soft pattern wise. I have a 9x13 radio king tom I'm looking to wrap. And I might be interested. If you prefer to PM me please do. Thanks, Glenn.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

I could use a piece of 4x14 for a snare. How much? Thanks!

Posted on 12 years ago

Hey Gravy, just a point of information... you need a piece of wrap 4" wide by 44" long to wrap a 4"x14" snare shell. Add, 1" for overlap and you get, 45" long needed to cover the drum.

To calculate the length needed; multiply the diameter (14") times Pi (3.14.) It'll give you the length of the outside circumference of the shell. (In this case; 14 x 3.14 = 43.96" - rounded off to 44" + 1" overlap = 45")

You can estimate how much wrap you'll need to cover any size drum using that formula.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks John, I was referring to price! Glad you sent that though. Good for a double check.

Yeah curent wmp blows!

Posted on 12 years ago

John good info thanks! I would have used Kentucky Windage which is not always the best guess.

Glenn.

Posted on 12 years ago

Most people don't know that drum maker has a custom color wrap available, min order is $153 per sheet, a friend of mine ordered the entire pearl color chart, hundreds and hundreds of shades. I brought one of my toms to his house, and we found 3 possible ones that are dead on my 70's pearl. Once I get the drums done, I'll show the pics, and you can see if this shade is close to what you guys need, if nothing else. I can always save it for more projects.

http://www.drummaker.net/1-800-NEW-DRUM/www.drummaker.com/FMPro?-db=DM_Orders.fp5&-format=jumpfinishes.htm&-new

Posted on 12 years ago

From slingerland

Most people don't know that drum maker has a custom color wrap available, min order is $153 per sheet, a friend of mine ordered the entire pearl color chart, hundreds and hundreds of shades. I brought one of my toms to his house, and we found 3 possible ones that are dead on my 70's pearl. Once I get the drums done, I'll show the pics, and you can see if this shade is close to what you guys need, if nothing else. I can always save it for more projects. http://www.drummaker.net/1-800-NEW-DRUM/www.drummaker.com/FMPro?-db=DM_Orders.fp5&-format=jumpfinishes.htm&-new

That's good to know thanks. I didn't know they could do custom pearl wraps. I need to invest in a sheet for my tom and future snare project. Hundreds of pearl color charts is pretty amazing.

Glenn.

Posted on 12 years ago

I got a ton of PM 's on this, once I get the wrap in, I'll post about it, I won't have enough for all you guys to sell, but if the match is good, at least I can give you the color code # so you'll have the right match.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here