Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Who made these?

The person selling them says they are univox! Are they even worth bothering with?

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Man, that environment looks really wet... could be a Big factor.

Do I see shadows inside the toms, or are they water damage?

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Drums appear to be luan, therefore imports (Japan, China, etc...). To my knowledge, Univox didn't make drum kits so this is likely an import with their name on it. Looks like there are hoops/heads missing, etc... - $50.00 tops.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 14 years ago

I saw a kit a few moths ago looked alot like those, copper opaque wrap,definitely looked like a japanese stencil kit.I think trixon did kits for u.s. called vox? but those looked like trixons, Maybe univox but buddy rich endorsed them for a while.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Defintely old-style Luan shells - Japan 70's-maybe early eighties - not great stuff - eh - $100 tops[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Univox was basically an import company - That is, they imported their products and slapped their name on them. They started life as Unicord and in the early days, they actually had some cool tube amps. But they soon started importing stuff from Japan and although some of their guitars were made by Aria (semi-decent) they were generally low end beginner stuff.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 14 years ago

The wrap type suggests PVC. The newer low-end stuff, beginning in the 80s use it. Even today the Chinese stuff is using it. So, the hardware is worth about 50-100, but those shells look like they have been wet, therefore I would offer him 50 based on the value of the parts because those shell are only worth using for what I do with them. They actually still look wet, and if properly dealt with, they could be rescued. Where are they?

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

I'd buy them-8 lug bass and f.t,stands,seat,tone-ring bass heads etc.I'd say 90's due to 3/4 press type tom mount.Seal the interiors and go to it! Who in the world thought that mount system up?Absolute garbage-was there something wrong with the thousands of Pearl clamp-style knockoffs that are still performing their function properly?Even my 70's Pearl stencil pseudo-swivo system works 100x better.But then again,some drummers may enjoy a constantly moving panorama of mounted toms....

Posted on 14 years ago

I'd check to see if there's anything in those gas cans and go for it!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here