Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Who has experience with modern era hi hat pull rods?

Putting a decent and beefy "Rock" labeled heavy duty hi hat stand back together. I'm guessing it's a Pearl stencil and other sites say possibly Gibraltar/Kaman. Liking to sell complete stuff, I'm looking for the upper half pull rod and could not figure out how to measure the dang thing. I have no clue what thread is in the brass rod coupling part, but it is slightly larger than a standard collar tuning screw. Some of the better drum parts sellers seem to narrow it down to 7mm. Could that be a standard pull rod size for a modern era stencil hi hat stand?

Any info welcomed. Dean

2 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago

It should be 6 mm threading. Gibraltar sells both 1/4" (For vintage American stuff) and 6 mm replacement upper rods.

Take the bottom half of the stand with you to the hardware store and find a screw that fits. I can pretty much guarantee it will be 6 mm. Or, just pony up the 20 cents for a 6 mm screw and bring it home to verify that it fits (99.9% sure it will).

By the way, the earliest Gibraltar stuff was made under the name "Rock". (Rock of Gibraltar).

Posted on 4 years ago

I believe that V is correct. I have both types of pull rods and the US ones are 1/4-20, with the imports being 6mm.

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

drum foundry direct pittsburgh has a selection of hat rod

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 4 years ago

Thanks guys-with V's suggestions, your added insight and help from a Gibraltar tech, 6mm it is! The stencil branding thing interests me--to know who made what, where (& when) so I can figure if I'm offering something of quality or simply far eastern junk. Thanks for that Rock of Gibraltar info. Seems a lot of it points back to Kaman who evidently made gear for everybody, perhaps even the Almighty Himself. I've had 2 similar hi hat stands with roots in Kaman and while they had goofy branding, seemed to be well made and solid stands...

Dean

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here