Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Whitehall Bass Drum Decal??

Anyone know if these are made currently? Where can I get one? I am restoring a "Root Beer Strata" Whitehall kit right now.

Thanks!

Adam

Posted on 13 years ago

PICS!!?! Please.:D

Gretsch Catalina Maples - 22,8,10,12,16 DCB
70's Silvertone - 20,12,14, 14Sn Blue Sparkle
60's No Name MIJ - 20,12,14 Red Sparkle
70's Yamaha (YD?) - 20,12,13,16 Red Ripple
Posted on 13 years ago

Its not done yet. I just wanna know if there is a place to get the Whitehall logo decals. Havent been able to find them on the net.

Thanks,

Adam

Posted on 13 years ago

I've never seen any decals for Whitehall, or just about any of the old MIJ stencil brands for that matter. But it should be easy enough for any sign or decal shop to make a vinyl decal for you. Here's one of about a thousand sites that came back from a Google search:

http://customvinyldecals.com/

If you go to that site and click on "Custom Lettering", that seems like what you might be looking for. I don't have a real close match for the original Whitehall logo's script font, but the "Bickham Script Pro" font is pretty close and I think it looks good (see attached image). It's a standard Adobe font, so they should have it available.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

If you have a pic of the logo , just take it to almost any place were they do letters on cars, trucks and other stuff.

they will scan it and will make a sticker wich gonna be identical to the logo.

you can also decide what size you want it to be .

I have done that in the early 90's cause i wanted the old Ludwig logo for my B.D. front head,

it came out just perfect, and for cheap.

Posted on 13 years ago

When my Supremes were finally restored,I wanted a decal for the new bass drum head. I took a clear, sharp picture of one of the badges, took it to a local sign printing shop and explained the dimensions that I wanted to the manager. The next day, I had a few beautifully done bass logos! I'm not sure if Supreme ever did make a bass logo. I doubt it. I'm very pleased with mine though.

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

Hmmm...thats a cool Idea. Maybe I'll get a decal made of my Valencia Badge and apply it to the top of the bass drum head. That should get my fellow drummers scratching their heads!!

Posted on 13 years ago

I like your idea! Gives fellow drummers something to think about! Actually, the process works beautifully.

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here