Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Which Wrap

I think I'm going to re-wrap this MIJ kit, I want a sparkle, but can't decide which one.

Gold

Red

Blue

Green

Or, maybe a mohagany stain, which would be easier and cheaper.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

It looks so good the way it is. How about a clear coat? That cymbal arm is quite unique.

Posted on 8 years ago

Yeah, have you replaced the cymbal arm yet? I remember this kit from a while back. Clever little device by the previous owner...

Champagne! Always tasteful.

Posted on 8 years ago

I would do this-- Nice paint job and satin lacquer will make them look very retro, and of course, is the cheapest way to restore them ;)

Posted on 8 years ago

oops..almost forgot the pic.. ;)

Posted on 8 years ago

Once again, having trouble and don't know why DOHDOH. Here's a link to see what i mean.

https://reverb.com/item/523273-c-c-maple-gum-3pc-drum-kit-12-14-20x12-tweedy-blue-high-gloss-lacquer

Posted on 8 years ago

I'm still thinking of doing that to the MIJ kit I have. I was leaning towards another sparkle wrap, but I think I wanna do a blue lacquer finish, with traces of sparkle throughout. Did it on one of my snares and it came out looking great.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

From ARCHxANGEL

I'm still thinking of doing that to the MIJ kit I have. I was leaning towards another sparkle wrap, but I think I wanna do a blue lacquer finish, with traces of sparkle throughout. Did it on one of my snares and it came out looking great.

That's sounds like a good idea, but I'm not too knowledgeable about lacquer finishes, maybe you can give me some tips.

Posted on 8 years ago

Lots of grain filler and sanding to get lauan to look anything like that C&C set.

Posted on 8 years ago

I'll write up a step by step of what I've personally done. I'll try and take photos as I go along too. It's pretty straight forward and simple.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here