Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Which stand is it?

Hiya folks...new around here, but already love the place. Cant stop reading. But I do have a problem I could use some help with. And Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Dave.

I have a 67 Ludwig BDP 12, 13, 16, double virgin 20 kit complete with nasty looking (but great sounding) 5 x 14 Supra. I have everything to make the kit complete EXCEPT for the double tom stand that stood between the bass drums.

The toms are L-rod hung, not clips, as would be standard for that year. The only stands that I see on Ebay are either clip style or are B/O badge which is too late for this kit. Now here is where I divulge my true ignorance. I THINK that the bracket that held the L-rods at the top of the stand would have had the old Ludwig script logo rather than the newer style logo. Im trying to figure out which stand was used with this kit. Doubt it was an Atlas...I think they came out later than 67 too. Any ideas? I want to keep this kit as original as possible. Its a lovely specimen and deserves to be treated well. Maybe Im being too picky. Ive been told to get a B/O badge stand and remove the badge. But that just doesnt seem right, does it?

BTW, I bought this kit from a Gretsch collector for 300 bucks. Was quite happy. I will send along some pics if anyones interested. For now the 13 will remain on a snare stand and the 12 will rest in the closet. Thanks in advance everybody!

Posted on 18 years ago

Well, let's start with a shot of that set from the 67 catalog.

[IMG]http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/images/forum_images/67_ludwig_catalog_page_th.jpg[/IMG]

Is this the set?

David

Posted on 18 years ago
Posted on 18 years ago

Man, if that isnt cool to see. Interesting how actually seeing your kit in a catalog manages to bring just a little more life to it. Thanks for that. On to business...

It shows the stand as being a 1345-1. It would have the same tom holder on it that is shown on the second catalog page, even though its the bass mounted version, correct? Gee, what are the odds I can find one in brand new condition for 25 bucks too? Im a whole lot closer now than I was yesterday. That looks like a single braced bottom section on the stand, or am I seeing that wrong? Thanks so much for the help you have given so far.

Posted on 18 years ago

That mount is exactly like the one for my '66 set. Maybe you could find a trashed bass, keep the mount because the tube should fit into the bottom third of any Atlas stand. Not a perfect solution, but desperate times...

wvhill

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here