Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Which Slingerland Model?

I have a Slingerland 5.5x14 WMP snare, black and gold Niles badge, 8 lug, Zoomatic strainer, and stick saver rims. The shell is what I assume is called a one ply maple shell with reinforcement rings top and bottom. I know what multi plys are and this one only has one joint. The reinforcement rings are what i am not sure about. The serial number is 57530. Can someone identify the model name for me? Thanks.

Posted on 18 years ago

That's a Slingerland "Artist" model.

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks, Rich K. for the info. Was the "Artist Model" considered high end at the time? How did it compare to the Radio Kings? Thanks for any info.

Posted on 18 years ago

That was their top of the line model. In the 60s it was actually $5 more than the Radio King model. There were other "top of the line" models in the late '60s and '70s...the "Super Sound King, the Buddy Rich Model, the TDR, etc...but the Artist was their "flag ship" along with the chrome sound king.

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks for the info. I have always been a Ludwig fan, but I found this in a pawn shop and bought it because it looked cool. It sounds great.

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here