Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Which Pedal to keep?

I ask this only as a mechanical vintage perspective and understand that the playing aspect is a personal choice...

I have three pedals to choose from and just want to keep the one.. (Actually I have many other pedals)

but three at my drum room in my shop..

Since I'm on an Ebay selling spree which would you keep?

1. DW Chain Drive (older version)

2. Rogers Swivomatic

3. Ludwig Speed King

Thanks

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Keep the Swivo.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Sell all three... I've got a Slingerland Yellow Jacket I'll put back together and send you as an appreciation gift for your great work on this site.Party

But really.... doesn't the Ol'Speed King show up time after time behind the kits great drummers new and old??

I've got one on the shelf that came with a kit I bought but I've never used the pedal (I just like the Yellow Jacket)... I'm going to give that Speedy a try tonight.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Keep the swivo, they're going up in value all the time.

Jack

:)

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 16 years ago

Keep the Ludwig Squeak King!!!

I swear...I've played them all, and I'm no kid..I've got a DW...Top of the line(9000)...and but for the power....The KING is...well....KING!!!

Stixofire

(Squeak...squeak.....Where's that DW40?)

Posted on 16 years ago

I have never tried the swivo but have tried the others and I like dw. Had a yellow jacket and really liked it, don't know what happened to it. I am getting old!

Posted on 16 years ago

Well that was a mixed and interesting pedal topic..

I do like the yellow jacket and did play one for awhile so thanks Jim!

I have other pedals and really do not play much anymore, so I will probably keep the swivo and sell the others.....

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Keep the King. I recently went on a Speed King repair frenzy, buying up old n.o.s. parts and rebuilding 2 SK's of mine that were broken. Now I know how to take them completely apart, even down to knocking out and replacing the old roll pins in the rocker, and popping out those pesky pressure caps with the logo branding on them. Contact me for tips if anyone needs advice. So, yeah, I've now got 7 SK's, but only 1 right foot. Keep the King, he says... LOL! Burger Kin

Posted on 16 years ago

Speed king!

Although I am slightly Ludwig bias, still, it is a CLASSIC pedal.

Bopworks Hickory Jazz Drumsticks
http://www.youtube.com/user/mgimino
Posted on 16 years ago

I would go with the Yellow jacket option- these are very underrated pedals IMHO.

If you want another option - then go with the swivomatic ( I prefer the Big R Supreme pedal myself).

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here