Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Where to find new screws, nuts and washers for Ludwig Supraphonics?

I'm looking for #6-32 x 1/2" slotted round head screws and the same flat washers, split lock washers and hexagonal nuts as on the Supra for restauration. I'm looking for new ones in stainless steel or chromed steel, not zinck. I dont know what kind of stainless steel to take: 18-8, 316,... Which is best?

Are machined screws better than forged ones?

I can't find them here in Europe and when wanting to purchase them via american online shops, they don't send to Europe.

How can I get these parts?

Posted on 18 years ago

You might try to search online for a company called McMaster-Carr. They don't sell drum stuff but are an industrial supply company that sells more kinds of screws, nuts, and bolts, etc. than anyone I've ever heard of. I believe they ship international orders.

Posted on 18 years ago

I contacted a lot of shops and distributers in the US including McMaster-Car but no one sends to Europe. I aslo called a lot Belgian companies and none of them can order these screws.

So it seems I have a big problem finding these parts.

Posted on 18 years ago

If you have a source for the parts, then you could establish a liason with someone near the source who can get the parts directly or possibly order them for you and then send them to you -kind of a middle man, so-to-speak. If you have a friend or relative here, that would be the best.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here