Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Where to buy vintage drums

I am hoping that there are other Canadians on this forum because I am finding it way to hard to find well priced (vintage) drumkits. If anyone knows any places than please tell me.

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I am hoping that there are other Canadians on this forum because I am finding it way to hard to find well priced (vintage) drumkits. If anyone knows any places than please tell me.

The simple answer is e-bay, but you need to know exactly what you are bidding on. I have found a few very good deals. The trick is not to get too excited and over bid when you see something you like.

I have purchased thru "Buy It Now" when I thought the price was right, and also won auctions when I bid a low price not expecting to win.

Patience and knowing exactly what you are bidding on pays off.

Other than that, getting VERY lucky at garage or estate sales, or word of mouth, AND this forum....

Good luck, John

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

The simple answer is e-bay, but you need to know exactly what you are bidding on. I have found a few very good deals. The trick is not to get too excited and over bid when you see something you like.I have purchased thru "Buy It Now" when I thought the price was right, and also won auctions when I bid a low price not expecting to win.Patience and knowing exactly what you are bidding on pays off.Other than that, getting VERY lucky at garage or estate sales, or word of mouth, AND this forum....Good luck, John

Thanks for your advice but I am worried about using ebay, and many of the good deals on ebay will only ship within the states. I have found an interesting kit though, a fuzzy rogers. So I may get that from a store around where I live.

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Thanks for your advice but I am worried about using ebay, and many of the good deals on ebay will only ship within the states. I have found an interesting kit though, a fuzzy rogers. So I may get that from a store around where I live.

I wouldnt get the fuzzy rogers. Ive seen that kit. I believe

it is a 1980's very crappy rogers set with some script logos

thrown on it..

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago

Songbird USED to be a place for deals but the last couple of years they have priced themselves out of the park on many items.I honestly think you have to get lucky these days and run into someone who knows someone.....The internet has wisened non drummers to the value of vintage drums even if they no nothing about it,they,ve learned the truth about its value...pityViolin

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

Stuff turns up. Besides E-bay; Songbird gets some nice stuff, most communities have at least one paper that has captured the used musical instrument market; trade ins and consignments show up at the local music stores; people get to know you are looking for stuff and give you a call. I've had real good luck at yard sales and pawn shops.

There aren't that many drummers per capita in Canada so there aren't that many good, old kits kicking around.

Patrick

Posted on 17 years ago

but...

Ned Ingberman deserves honorable mention for consistently offering true

devotion and integrity to the cult.

http://www.vintagedrum.com/

You will get what you pay for and he represents the true

"die-hard" price structure if you plan to auction.

Another that I've recently become enamored with is Steve Maxwell in

Chicago.

Steve raises the bar on the rarest of the rare and sets prices accordingly.

http://www.maxwelldrums.com/

I find the market levelling off these days and as mentioned in earlier posts

( O-Lug? ) the cost for originals will be determined by the rarity.

And of course, how bad U want it...

Best of Luck!

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here