Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Where to buy a snare for a Dyna Sonic?

I need to buy a snare for my 60"s Dyan Sonic, but my local music store said they cant get them. Is there a good place on the Net to get one? Whats a good price for one?

Thanks,

Jamie

Posted on 18 years ago

You have the snare frame and you just need the snare wires?

Do you want original 60's wires or new replacement wires?

Please let us know

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Sorry about that. I just need the snare wires. What is the difference between the original 60's wires & new replacement wires? I am guessing the replacement wires are much cheaper. Is there a sound difference between the two?

Thanks,

Jamie

Posted on 18 years ago

If this is a drum you play then go with the Puresound wires. If you are going for authentic museum piece then find the original 60's wires.

I have no idea what a set of NOS 60's would sell for.

Click Here

This is the wire and you should easily be able to find it online.

I believe there might be another person that makes similar wires, but I'm not sure. Tommyp is much better at answering Dyna questions about sound and wires. He is a member so you can Private Message him or email him directly under the members list.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

jaymz1970...

David's got it pretty much dead on in this case... IF the drum is a PLAYER, go with the PureSounds... they fit perfectly and sound fine, albeit a tad "darker" then the OEM Rogers Dynasonic snares. If the drum is a COLLECTIBLE, as in museum grade nice, then it would make sense to eventually hunt down a set of OEM Rogers Dynasonic snares... but... as you may have guessed, those can cost a few bucks. Actually, by the same token, the PureSounds aren't exactly cheap either.

I don't believe there is a standard price for OEM wires... they will cost whatever the market/buyers dictate at the time. Good luck!

Tommyp

Posted on 18 years ago

just to play *****'s advocate- puresounds and the original sound different as already stated by tommyp. so if he's a player, shouldn't he get the one's whose sound he prefers?

Posted on 18 years ago

It is a multi step process in my opinion. It will take some time to find original wires that have not been used. Those wires will cost some good $$.

In the process of finding the original wires It would make sense to buy the Puresound wires.

Then if he does find the original wires he would have that choice to use them or not. From a collectors stand point the original wires on the drum would be the most accurate to the original sound.

So in the end when both wires are in hand he could make that determination which he prefers. So yes that does make sense.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Hey thanks for the help on this! I am going to get the Puresound wires since I am more of a player and not so much of a collector. Do I have to buy them from somewhere on the Internet, or are they sold in any major stores? David, can I buy them from the link you put up or is that just to get the part number? Thanks for all the help!

Jamie

Posted on 18 years ago

Yes, just search the model number online and you will find a variety of people selling the wires. Puresound does not sell directly to the public online.

David

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here