Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Where is all the GOLD sparkle?

Hello there!Burger Kin

I love the sparkle wrapped finishes -some more than others. Blue sparkle, for example...easily one of (Ludwig's) most common sparkle colors....I love it! I think it's beautiful no matter how common it is. I'll never get tired of it!

I often see examples of silver sparkle and a TON of champagne sparkle. Red sparkle used to be a very common color of sparkle wrap, too....but I don't see it so much anymore these days.

But...

...GOLD sparkle kits are exceedingly uncommon as of late. I'm talking about kits -not individual drums. I hardly ever see a kit in nice, unfaded gold sparkle.

I happen to own a really nice 1964 gold sparkle Pioneer snare drum that is in excellent++++ condition and I wish I had a 20 (or an 18!) -12-14 to match with it.

Where is the gold?The Band

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

The Gold Sparkle kits pop up on eBay once in awhile, but it's not everyday. People often confuse Champagne for gold and visa versa.

I was feeling the same way about finding nice clean Silver Sparkle stuff. I had the oportunity to buy a clean SS. jazzfest which I've been looking for awhile. I had one and someone talked me into selling it a few years back. Then I bought a '69 Ludwig kit in SS and regretted selling the Jazzfest, so I jumped on this one.

Matt

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here