Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Where can I buy Rogers collet nose?

I want some, but not old ones. They'll break, right?

so I hope to buy some new replicas. Does anyone know about it?

I saw some stainless models on eBay before, but now they seem gone.

Posted on 14 years ago

Ebay will have them. The ones that break are the later cast models with more rounded edges. The machined collets are the ones you want, and they are the older style with shapred edges. They have Pat Pend on them. The stainless ones are good copies. Great for that player kit.\

Here is the machined style.

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

This guy lives in Wisconsin (sort of near me). These seem to be real nice stainless reproductions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROGERS-Drums-retrofit-machined-stainless-COLLET-NOSE_W0QQitemZ160405229351QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2558e58f27#ht_662wt_1167

Adam

Posted on 14 years ago

Adam, this is the one I saw before. Thank you.

Thanks amosguy for the information!

Posted on 14 years ago

Ditto, I just used 7 of his collet noses getting my 9/72 Fullerton kit playable again. Worked very well, his name is Jim Ryan. Good guy, and I think he also started making the knobby end caps recently.

Posted on 14 years ago

I have worked with Jim Petty before and found him to be QUITE knowledgeable regarding all things Rogers...

And, he sells a wide range of vintage parts...

http://www.jp2creations.com/

Jeff

- Current restoration Project: Geo Way 5 piece
- 60's Oaklawn Walnut Camco kit (12/12/14/20) matching Snare (Camco hardware and Paiste black logo 2002s)
- 70's LA Maple Camco kit (12/13/16/22) matching Oaklawn snare (Rogers hardware and Paiste Signatures/Mellow ride)
- 70's Blue Vistalite Ludwig Monster kit (6/8/12/13/14/15/16/18/24) matching snare (all Hercules hardware, all Zidljian shadow logos)
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here