Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

What's The Better Choice & Why?

Although I'm more than likely not going to be adding any more drums to my snare collection prior to the new year, I'd like to get some feedback on two that kind of caught my eye ("the good one!") recently.

I'd like to know which, if either, you'd consider the "better deal" .

The first drum is a 5 1/2 x 14 1958 Leedy Reliance Snare in its original WMP wrap. It's got the blue Leedy oval badge, mahogany shell, 8 separate-tension lugs, single-flanged hoops with rim clips and the Krupa strainer. Everything appears to be original and, over-all, the drum's in "near mint" condition. Current asking price is $225, including shipping.

The second drum is a 6 1/2 x 14 Ludwig Symphonic Snare in original WMP wrap. It's got the Ludwig "transition keystone badge", so my guess is that it was manufactured between 1959 & 1960. The drum has the 16 small Classic lugs, triple-flanged hoops, nickel hardware and the Classic strainer. There are no snare wires currently on the drum. Everything appears to be original and, over-all, the drum is in "near mint" condition. Current asking price is $300 plus shipping.

Would you consider giving either of these a "closer look" based on the information provided above?Help2

As usual, thanks for your time and your input!

Posted on 14 years ago

The Ludwig would be the better choice for value and collectibility......the Slingerland era Leedy drums just aren't worth as much as the Conn era or Indy era Leedys. If you're not basing this on future value, either would be a good choice for playability and sonic quality.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]What he said....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

The Luddy is something i,d be looking at for sure!....why? its a LudwigJump For Joy

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here