Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

What Year is This Kit?

Hi there, great site you've got here...hope you can clarify something for me. a bit of background: i bought this kit back in the late 80s from a friends' grandfather who was a jazz drummer, it was my first ever kit, and i used it for gigs til about 5 years ago when i purchased a gretsch.

unfortunately, when i was young and stupid i cut a big hole in the original calfskin head on the kick, and trashed one of the 16" Zyn hihats..

i still have one of the hats, two 18" Avedis Zildjian rides (one is stamped 'made in Canada' the other is 'Made in USA') a 20" Zyn rivet ride, and 2 original cowbells!

the snare needs quite a bit of restoration, and i haven't been able to find anyone here in oz who knows anything about them.

anyway, i have been doing some research and i'm thinking this kit is early 60s...? any ideas??

thanks for looking!

4 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Little bit earlier - snare is early 1950s and the bass any time from later 50s

Posted on 15 years ago

thanks davidh.

the only thing i could find that resembled my kit is a brochure for the 'Premier 50', the top kit seen here:

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3324/3520929809_3c6c6d4e4a_m.jpg[/img]

any idea of the value?

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]That's a cool kit...pretty rare to see no tom mount on the bass drum. I like the old-skool flat-based Premier hat stand, too....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here