Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

What year and model of my vintage Pearl?

I have just bought a vintage pearl set for 300$. A 4-pice with Paiste 302 14" HiHat, Paiste 101 16" Crash, and a old Meinl 20" ride.

I have found the serial number 50025849 inside the bass drum.

I like the set but I really dont know much about it. Does anyone know anything about this set?

/Niklas

Here are some more pictures.

The sices are 14X20Bass, 5X14Snare, 8X12Tom, 14X14Tom

/Niklas

Posted on 14 years ago

All I can say is that the floor tom is upside down...

But wait what experts will tell you.

And Welcome to the forum!

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 14 years ago

Looks like a typical Japan set... I'd guess late 60's early 70's. There's some real MIJ experts around here, I'm sure there's more info to follow. Nice to see a complete set rather than a mix of broken peices.

Posted on 14 years ago

6 lug kick and snare...looks like a 70,s to me,but for 300 and those cymbals..congratsCool1

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I'm going to say between 70 and 72,probably leaning towards 72,because of the lugs.Spurs,6 lugs and tom mount indicate a student model set.

Posted on 14 years ago

Välkommen!

Welcome!

to the nuttiest drum forum known to man, beast or drummer! Those are very nice, and as mentioned, a complete kit, in what appears to be excellent condition. I have some questions for you: What are the sizes?

Could you show us the interiors?

If I am correct, this is a 4 ply, maple kit, clear interiors.

The color is "Blue Flash", and the age is correct at 72-ish.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi,and Welcome to this great forum!!!..To me the lug's on your set would date the set from 1970--1971...Pearl stop useing these lugs about then..Ia'm just guessing but the shell's are 6 ply with no ring's..This set is the lower end made set why with 6 lug snare and bass toms Pearl would have used a lower end shell if i recall your set would have sold new for 179.00 back in 1970-71..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Superthanks! I will take some more pics on details tonight. Maybe that will help for futher classification.

ZeeYa!

/Niklas

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here