Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

What Tama Snare Drum Is This?

Hi All

Can anybody tell me what model of tama snare drum this might be??

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi bigz!

All I can tell you about this snare is, that it´s (mostly sure) of the late 80´s/early 90´s upper mid-price-snares of the Tama program. I´m not 100% sure, but I think it has a maple shell.

I remember a snare catalogue I owned at that time, when I bought my Billy Cobham-Snare (1-ply with re-rings, just like Noble&Cooley, see pic), both snares were in this brochure.

Is that snare on the picture yours? If yes, does it have a thick or a thin shell? Does it have 10 or 11 lugs?

If I find some time next week, I´ll go down in the basement and dig for this catalogue - didn´t throw it away, it must still be there somewhere...

Greets, Jürgen

1 attachments
57.8 kB
Jazz is not dead - it just smells funny! FZ
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Jurgen,

Please do take a look. the drum is an ebay win due here this week so ill know more in next few days over number of lugs and plys etc. Any help at all really appreciated.

Thanks

Bigz

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi!

Unfortunately it seems that my catalog was under the victims of the burst pipe-havary in my basement last summer :-(

But I found a scan of it under this address:http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=80&now=7

If you have more pictures, especially of the strainer and the shell, it would be easier to identify your snare.

But meanwhile I´d guess that it is one of the Artwood Series Snares, the look of the lugs and rims would speak for that.

Have a look and keep posts/pics coming, please!

Regards, Jürgen

Jazz is not dead - it just smells funny! FZ
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Jurgen

Its appears to be a AW525B drum, i have only one other pic which ive attatched, as this drum hasnt arrived yet sadly....

Check it out friend!

Thanks

Brett

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for that info. The drum has arrived, its a ten lugger, inner and outta birdseye plies. its 14x5 with the brass mighty hoops. Very cool, and i havent seen one of these artwoods since i saw Simon Philips vids in the early 90's!!! Im getting old!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here