Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

What model 1965 Ludwig snare is this?

1965 Ludwig silver sparkle snare drum. 5 X 14 with the interior painted white. It has a red ink stamp with the date. Is this just considered a Ludwig Classic or something else. What wood is it likely made of? Is it Maple and Poplar or Mohogany and ??? Etc.

Posted on 14 years ago

Standard Jazzfest w/3-ply Mahogany,Poplar, Mahogany...

Posted on 14 years ago

I have this on Craiglist and was offered $125.00 I havn't responded and I'm not sure if the person is serious but is that a fair price. Or am I crazy to sell it for that?

Posted on 14 years ago

Is the size of the shell 5 (or 5 1/2") inches not including the rims?

If so, it's a jazz festival...if it's a 6.5" deep, it's another model.

Are those holes in the shell in the second photo...next to the muffler lever?

Also, that lever doesn't look right.

If it's all correct, and those "holes" are just a photo illusion, the drum is worth way more than 125...

Posted on 14 years ago

From Rich K.

Is the size of the shell 5 (or 5 1/2") inches not including the rims?If so, it's a jazz festival...if it's a 6.5" deep, it's another model.Are those holes in the shell in the second photo...next to the muffler lever?Also, that lever doesn't look right.If it's all correct, and those "holes" are just a photo illusion, the drum is worth way more than 125...

It's not a 6.5" and those are holes next to the muffler lever. There are three holes 2 are in the wrap but only one penetrates through the other side causing a small sliver visible on the interior of the shell. They don't look like drill holes to me but rather like punctures. Is the white knob on top of the muffler lever normal?

Posted on 14 years ago

This drum is in the For Sale section of the forum.

Titled = "1965 Ludwig silver sparkle snare drum"

Posted on 14 years ago

It looks like its had a dampner change, thats an premier internal damper - might explain the additional drill hole.Welcome

Posted on 14 years ago

From bigz

It looks like its had a dampner change, thats an premier internal damper - might explain the additional drill hole.Welcome

I'm not sure about the dampener but I am positive that there are no drill holes. It is almost like a little kid tried to pound a nail in the drum and only one barely made it through.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here