Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

What Ludwigs?

I am trying to figure out what kind of Ludwigs these are. The pictures are not great but it's all I have. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

They don't look like Ludwigs to me. They look like and Asian import. The floor tom appears to have only 6 lugs and the interiors look dark. My guess is that it's a home-refinished Asian import with some Ludwig heads(?)

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for that tip. I've emailed the seller to get a picture of the badges.

Posted on 15 years ago

I got a picture of the snare with its badge. Apparently the others don't have badges and they have all been refinished. Any ideas on what kind of snare this is?

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Lots of questions here.

-looks like the badge is set lower than usual

-doe'snt look like the right grommet

-looks like Ludwig hardware

-mini lugs on the f/t? does an Accent f/t have 6-lugs? and replaced w/ the mini lugs?

-the tom mounting hardware on the bass drum looks like Accent w/ the two posts for the toms

-Is this a re-finished Accent kit?

Phew!

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I am having the exact same Q's.

The badge is a b/o which makes the drum a 70's era....BUT....it IS set in the wrong position. Also, the shell appears to be painted black (?) the lugs are Luddy.

It's a rehab job, not a great one. The Q is...is the shell a Ludwig at all ?

Can't tell if the rest of the kit has classic lugs or not. The mount certainly does not appear to be '70's Luddy.

My guess here is that this is just a Ludwig Accent which has been um....renovated,,,,

[SIZE="1"]or s we say in the architecture biz: remuddled[/SIZE]

This isn't worth much $. Maybe $300....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

I like that; "remuddled"!

The snare is probably done in the same dark stain as the rest of the kit, just a bad photo.

Yeah, most likely an Accent done up w/ older hardware.

Posted on 15 years ago

Yeah, too many questions to feel good about it. The guy selling them bought them used and said he refinished them. For the $475 he is asking I could definitely get something a lot better. Thanks for all your help!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here