Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

What kind of kit is this? :)

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know what kind if kit this might be? The lugs look like Mapex, the tom holders look like old Pearl, and the bass drum claws look like they are right out of the 60's. The wood shells looks to be in good shape... don't know what kind of wood though. It feels like a kit from the 70's?

Thank you

Sincerely

Mr. Bob

Posted on 14 years ago

Looks like a 60's "Mapearl". Kidding. Interesting looking kit and it looks to be in nice shape. Curious: You say they "feel like a 70's kit". What gives you that impression?

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 14 years ago

The lugs look like Pacific lugs (DW's import line).

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 14 years ago

Goofy import hardware from Gibraltar and Mapex and some other Asian supplier. Shells ... who knows. If this kit is off the shelf, then odds are it was stored next to a unicorn.

Posted on 14 years ago

I bet that kit is a cousin or unmarked sibling of the Taiwanese Zenn brand. Here`s a link to a similar kit (though not the same finish or model year). If it turns out to be a Zenn after you research it a bit- that`s not the worst brand in history. It`s Taiwanese and cheap but could be worse.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

From OsakaBop

I bet that kit is a cousin or unmarked sibling of the Taiwanese Zenn brand. Here`s a link to a similar kit (though not the same finish or model year). If it turns out to be a Zenn after you research it a bit- that`s not the worst brand in history. It`s Taiwanese and cheap but could be worse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello OsakaBop

Thank you for your reply. This atleast gives me a direction to think about.

By the way, you play great! Nice touch and very musical! :)

Sincerely

Mr. Bob

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. Zenn drums have that same identical tom holder- it looks like Pearl but it`s actually a smaller diameter pipe. Here in Japan Zenn drums are common for students but they have made attempts to really make decent, inexpensive drums. One bar I have to play in Kobe bought one with the same natural wood finish as you show in your pic- Your pic really reminded me of it. Recently Zenn has made an inexpensive copy of the Yamaha Rick Marotta Hip Gig- looks interesting and only 300$ including a canister seat- made of basswood.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here