Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

What kind of drum is this?

I'm new to this forum, so this will be my first post. I've been playing for many years but have never really been into vintage stuff until we cleaned out the house after a distant relative who passed away recently. Her late husband was a devoted drummer for most of his life, and some of his stuff has now ended up in my garage for the time being. One of the items is this single head tom, approx 12" by 6,5" (it's actually metric 300mm by 165 mm). Three-ply shell, rounded reinforcement rings, internal damper and the most odd thing: three tom-leg mounts. As you can see on the pics, it has slotted tension screws with small claws. The rim is missing, but with it came a real classy brass flesh-hoop.

I haven't found any markings, but I would hazard a guess that this is a 1950s drum.

Any suggestion as to what kind of drum this is and how it was used would be appreciated!

3 attachments
1962-1965 Ludwig Champagne Sparkle
1965 Supraphonic
1978 Tama Royalstar with concert toms
1986 Tama Techstar
1990's Sonor Sonic Plus II
Posted on 6 years ago

Very Possibly is from a kit of LEVIN Drums from Sweden - a popular Swedish brand from many years ago.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here