Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

What is this snare drum?

Looks MIJ to me, judging by the clone lug design and the vertical grain, but that throw and the very large rerings... I know I've seen it before but can't work out what it is. Is it German perhaps?

Posted on 7 years ago

Have I answered my own question?

Posted on 7 years ago

By default "you win" with the first response...

The rings look like home workshop stuff to me... The lugs & rims look MIJ 60's clone stuff.... But I really don't have a clue...

However..... Go the Blues..

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 7 years ago

I believe that is a very early Pearl drum. Saw a set like that on Ebay in Red Sparkle with factory calf heads and a clip-on hoop tom mount. Wish I'd saved the pictures.

Posted on 7 years ago

It's a Canora snare. I have the same shell, lugs and throw-off mechanism on my 4 piece Canora kit, early 60s.

Posted on 7 years ago

From norton58

It's a Canora snare. I have the same shell, lugs and throw-off mechanism on my 4 piece Canora kit, early 60s.

Hi norton58... and Welcome to the forum!

Can you post some pictures of your Canora kit? That's a name I haven't heard of. Dozens of stencil names for all these 60's MIJ kits. Would love to see a picture of the badge, too.

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

I just got a gray ripple version of that drum. It's just a shell with a "Crown" water decal for a badge.

Posted on 7 years ago

Welcome to the forum!

From idrum4fun

Dozens of stencil names for all these 60's MIJ kits.

Big yes Mark.

Canora is a Pearl stencil.

Cheers,

George.

Posted on 7 years ago

From idrum4fun

Hi norton58... and Welcome to the forum!Can you post some pictures of your Canora kit? That's a name I haven't heard of. Dozens of stencil names for all these 60's MIJ kits. Would love to see a picture of the badge, too. -Mark

Thanks Mark, g'day folks! Unfortunately my kit is in 36,000 pieces for new wraps and rechroming. I've had it for around 35 years.

Posted on 7 years ago

I have seen a Crown just like that - with that snare system. IIRC Hoshino made Crown, not Pearl.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here