Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

what is this Premier snare?

6.5 x 14, i believe it's a 1966 all chrome snare, but don't know its current value or which model it is.

i saw a similar model on eBay sell for approx US325, but it didn't have the inside dampeners. mine has 2 dampeners controlled by one lever, and a 3rd dampener controlled by a turn knob.

any tips appreciated!

1 attachments

60s Sonor kit (22x16, 16x16, 14x14, 13x8), '72 Premier 2003 6.5 x 14 snare
Posted on 18 years ago

That is a Premier 2000. I'm not sure about the extra tone control,

let's see some interior pictures.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

here's a shot of the inside...you'll see the 2 side dampeners controlled by the latch, and the single dampener controlled by the knob..

any value approximations?? i'm guessing around USD350 based on one i saw on eBay

1 attachments

60s Sonor kit (22x16, 16x16, 14x14, 13x8), '72 Premier 2003 6.5 x 14 snare
Posted on 18 years ago

Hi there,

I think those 2 dampers you are referring to, and the associated mechanism, are actually meant to support a set of snares that can be raised to press up under the top skin of the drum - just like a marching snare. In fact the two mechanisms on your snare drum are excatly like on the older premier marching snares.

It is a lovely snare - wish I had one myself!

If you want to find out more about it, I recommend asking on the mikedolber.com forum - there are some guys on there who know an awful lot about Premier stuff.

Cheers,

Michael Kane

Posted on 18 years ago

I can't remember the exact details of this drum (it's 0215 here!), but feel free to drop me a mail at [email]info@dmdrums.co.uk[/email] and as soon as I can, I'll dig through the archives and give you a +ve ID.

www.blenheimdrums.co.uk
Premier spare parts
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here