Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

What is the best way to remove glue from wrap?

I have a 60's Gretsch tom in WMP wrap. The drum came to me with some wrap damage = repairable - and partially unglued. I removed the wrap with no problem at all. I can remove the glue from the shell easily but I don't want to take any chances with the wrap.

What is the most safest and most effective way to remove glue from the underside of the wrap? Or, should I just leave the glue in place and apply NEW glue to the wrap? I would much rather remove the old glue though.

ALSO

Is one contact cement (glue) as good as another? I have LePage's Contact Cement. I've read on at least one drum wrap supplier's site they recommend using 3M. Is there that much difference in Contact Glue?

What is your experience? Is LePage's good enough?

Posted on 11 years ago

Most new wraps require the 3M non flamable contact cement which has no solvent in it. I guess that's one difference?

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

I removed the glue from the shell with little problem but I'm afraid to use any kind of a paint remover/stripper or even sand paper on the inside of the wrap. Any suggestion on that - or should I just leave the old glue there when regluing?

Posted on 11 years ago

Hi Kona, I know this is kind of an old thread, but how were your results using the LePage contact cement?

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here