Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

What is Swiv-o-Matic ?

What is Swiv-o-Matic ?

Here is a video I just released that hopefully answers that question and is entertaining.

These videos are a labor of love.

I hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnEzn50iHn8

Posted on 1 year ago

Nicely done.

'23 DW Collector's, Black Galaxy: 13/16/18/22/14 sn.
'01 DW Collector's, Oyster White: 8/10/12/14/16/22.
'24 DW Performance, Gold Sparkle, 12/14/20.
'59-ish Slingerland Pink Sparkle, 13/16/22.

'72 Slingerland Red Tiger Pearl: 12/13/16/16/22.
'70ish Slingerland Merlot Sparkle rewrap: 13/16/24.

'68ish Slingerland rewrap: 13/16/22.

'69 Rogers Holiday, Red Onyx: 13/16/24
'67 Ludwig Burgundy Sparkle: 12/13/16/22.
'70-ish Ludwig Std, Burgundy Oyster: 13/16/22.
'69-ish MIJ Drum Mate: Peacock Pearl: 13/16/22.
'67-ish MIJ Crown, Red Sparkle, 12/13/16/22.

'67-ish,. MIJ Drum Mate, Blue Oyster, 12/13/16/22.

Posted on 1 year ago

Thanks Man, that was great. I had Swiv on my first real kit. My mounted toms slipped after a few years. Perhaps it was user error again.

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 1 year ago

From Gvdadrummasum

What is Swiv-o-Matic ?Here is a video I just released that hopefully answers that question and is entertaining.These videos are a labor of love. I hope you enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnEzn50iHn8

Very cool. Great job!!

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 1 year ago

The most common user error made regarding Swivomatic hardware is for the drummer to use the wrong holes for the tightening screws. The ball in the socket is not a perfect globe shape. It is more like an egg shape. The design called for two adjacent holes to be used for inserting screws to hold the ball in place. One screw is for the North/South axis and the adjacent screw is for the East/West axis. The pressure exerted on the ball pushes the ball firmly against the side rather than being suspended precariously

by the tips of the screws.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 1 year ago

From leedybdp

The most common user error made regarding Swivomatic hardware is for the drummer to use the wrong holes for the tightening screws. The ball in the socket is not a perfect globe shape. It is more like an egg shape. The design called for two adjacent holes to be used for inserting screws to hold the ball in place. One screw is for the North/South axis and the adjacent screw is for the East/West axis. The pressure exerted on the ball pushes the ball firmly against the side rather than being suspended precariously by the tips of the screws.

You are stating exactly what is stated in the video

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here