Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

What is a good snare drum to match my 1979 Gretsch kit?

I have been looking for a Gretsch snare drum to add to my Gretsch kit (1979). I bought my kit new and ordered a Ludwig Black Beauty at the time. Now I want to buy minty Gretsch 14" X 6" snare to go with my kit, and have been approached by a few local collectors to sell my Black Beauty. I mostly play rock, blues, country music in my home. Thanks.

Barry (mono-plane)
UPBEAT - Drums For Kids (on Facebook)
71 Black Cortex 22, 14 *wtd 16" ft*
61 Ludwig Super Downbeat 20, 16, 13 w/matching Jazz Festival (Black & Gold Duco)
63 Ludwig Clubdate Blue Sparkle 20, 14, 12 (WTB a nice 12" Blue Sparkle tom)
79 Black Beauty SS 6.5 x 14 (one previous owner players or studio drum) 4 sale
80 Black Beauty Supra 6.5 x 14 (4 sale)
Posted on 15 years ago

You will probably find the BB to be superior to any Gretsch snare. Don't be too quick to sell. There is a reason several collectors want it.

Posted on 15 years ago

From mono-plane

I have been looking for a Gretsch snare drum to add to my Gretsch kit (1979). I bought my kit new and ordered a Ludwig Black Beauty at the time. Now I want to buy minty Gretsch 14" X 6" snare to go with my kit, and have been approached by a few local collectors to sell my Black Beauty. I mostly play rock, blues, country music in my home. Thanks.

L0L!! I've found that Ludwig snares are the way to go REGARDLESS of the KIT you play. If you want great tone, stick with the Luddy.

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here