Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

what in the heck is this???? anybody know?

hey everyone...

i'm trying to figure out what the heck this old part might be...

anyone know about this part. the screwed on part may be backwards????

i'd be truly grateful....

thank you in advance, any help is greatly appreciated

1 attachments
and the beat goes on....
http://dpdrums.com
dig the beat....
Posted on 16 years ago

Could it be some sort of cowbell clamp? Maybe the double hole section with the wing nut is designed to go over a tom L-arm, instead of a tom.

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 16 years ago

The section with the black thumbscrew can't clamp to a hoop cause of the piece that's sticking up. Maybe it clamped on to a horizontal rod and the side with the holes held a rod with a splash or something

Posted on 16 years ago

I am thinking it might be a woodblock clamp. the two holes on the right might go onto an old thin straight stand, then the horizontal bit clamps down onto a woodblock some how :) It seems to have the horizontal supports for a woodblock shaped object

Posted on 16 years ago

The wing screw is too new for the piece, so the hole may have been re-threaded to make it fit. I don't think this is a part for a drum at all. Old parts even turn of the century parts were never (or rarely) painted, most were polished metal or later on chromed. It could be a Temple Block holder for a 1920-30's Orchestra Pit Console. If this is the case, you are missing parts.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here