Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

What hardware do I need to restore this drum?

I bought this 16" Gretsch tom and it came with no hardware. It has a 1953 date stamp in the shell.

The 1941 Gretsch Catalog pictures a tom that looks like this one with a "Swing Master" kit (tacked reso head as well).

The catalog also says you can get a metal counterhoop as well (implying the one shown in the catalog is wood).

I recently tacked a reso head on a 47 Gretsch tom shown here & I'm wondering if the lugs, stick chopper-type hoop & rods on that drum is what I'm looking for.

Also this shell has three horizontal holes near the batter side that a drum mute dial & screws fit into perfectly. Did this drum have an internal mute? The only problem is that my drum mute holes on my other drums are vertical. The 1958 (and later) mutes fit in vertically drilled holes. Anyone know what the mute would look like for this drum - or if it is even a mute location?

Posted on 13 years ago

The muffler should have been a single, round pad muffler,and the tension knob would be small(around the size of a U.S. Dime) if you know that size.

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here