Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

What era and brand of cymbal stand is this?

Hi..

I would like some input as to what approx. year/s this cymbal stand is from and what brand? It is somewhat unusual to me in that the legs fold up differently than some other flat bottomed leg stands that I have seen.

Thanks..

Barry (mono-plane)
UPBEAT - Drums For Kids (on Facebook)
71 Black Cortex 22, 14 *wtd 16" ft*
61 Ludwig Super Downbeat 20, 16, 13 w/matching Jazz Festival (Black & Gold Duco)
63 Ludwig Clubdate Blue Sparkle 20, 14, 12 (WTB a nice 12" Blue Sparkle tom)
79 Black Beauty SS 6.5 x 14 (one previous owner players or studio drum) 4 sale
80 Black Beauty Supra 6.5 x 14 (4 sale)
Posted on 12 years ago

I do have various pieces of British hardware around here-------- Boosey&Hawkes, Premier,Beverley, and some John Grey-Shaftesbury. Based on the feet and the lock levers + the overall design , I would say it is a British made stand from the 60's but do not know by who. I would say it is not Premier or B&H.

Posted on 12 years ago

I looked through some older photographs of JOHN GREY mfg. drums---Broadway, Autocrat, Rose-Morris and Shaftesbury. The stands morphed quite a bit over the years but although the Shaft line of stands, that came with Shaftesbury kits became completely unique and built like Mack trucks; I did find a picture of a Shaftesbury kit from the early 70's that had the top part of your stand visible, so I think it is safe to say it is a John Grey made stand, likely fitted with your kit. The 3 piece Autocrat, by the way was called The Modern.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here