Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

What B/O Luddy set?

Hi all ,

New to the the forum. Recently aquired a set of B/O Luddies and would like to know the year of mfg and which set I have. They are walnut cortex and the sizes and s/n's are:

22 BD 2235846

16 FT 2236925

14 TT 2235879

13 TT 2243001

5 SD 1738633 Acro (didn't come with set)

Possibly 1979 -1980? Rock Machine set? Tried to post a pic but says it exceeds the file limit.

Thanks,

RC

Posted on 16 years ago

You can start here

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks. I had been parusing this info for a while before I posted. The closest I can figure is perhaps the Rock Machine set with a special order 16" FT. Or a Pro Beat set that is missing the 2nd 18" FT. The s/n page only goes to 1979 and sn 2013537. Hence my questions.

Posted on 16 years ago

Sounds like you have the Ludwig book and that you're on the right track. Either one of those guesses could be right........

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Well, after careful study of the 70's catalogs and finishes I think it must be a 1979 set. The 1980 finishes don't list Walnut Cortex but rather Dark Mahogany Cortex instead which is not the same. So, it must not be 1980 but the s/n range is higher than shown for 1979. Perhaps the range is higher than previously thought? Late year production run perhaps?

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here