Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

What Are These

Owner says he think they are slingerland. but, the badges are missing and the tom has been stripped.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

They're not Slingerland. One of the MIJ fans will probably supply possible brands.

Posted on 14 years ago

there are absolutely not slingerland's, they are imports!!!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

How much does he want for 'em ?

Found it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

This set was going to be a flipper if they were. I could probably hit him at $100 right now if I tried. But, then again I could have picked up a 1959 super classic for $350 two months ago...I think I'll pass. The Lugs look slingerland. I knew they were most likely MIJ but the insides didn't look the smae as othe mij sets??

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

Some imports of olde had the re-rings like you see in the pictures. The grain direction is the best way to tell if they are MIJ or not, IMHO.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 14 years ago

yup. MIJ look at the spurs...and in that state, 50-60 is all the $$$, sorry. Where is the set? Might be interested in a gold sparkle floor tom and bass in that shape. The shell is in good condition, but no heads or any hardware makes them only worth it to snag for those shells and parts. I like those 22" 3 ply shells, they have a big thump with a good head on them.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here