Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

WFL/Ludwig kit/1930-40's

I picked this gem up from a friend in need of cash. I am restoring it, and putting it on the block for sale!!! This kit has the original mural painting from the factory, and also the lighted bass drum. The snare sounds unreal... I love it! Mostly all original drum heads and the cymbal is a constanople 13"... in pretty rough shape. I am still wondering if I should shine it up or leave it the way it is??

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

This kit is probably late 40's at the oldest. Ludwig, er WFL, didn't come out with the classic lugs until 1948.

Posted on 15 years ago

From Ludwig-dude

This kit is probably late 40's at the oldest. Ludwig, er WFL, didn't come out with the classic lugs until 1948.

I never really knew that... thanks for posting. I was going off of the WFL stamps on the drums. They say its the 30's... 36 to be exact I believe. I have been trying to find out more about this kit... but the info on it is limited. I wish there was an actual PERSON I could talk to from Ludwig to find out more. As in the mural... the interior light... shell design,ect.

Maybe even the original purchase price .... I know... reaching far a high, but ya never know!

Posted on 15 years ago

Yes, this set IS for sale. The price would be... the best I can get. I am actually selling it for someone else. I am trying to find out as much info on this kit as possible before I sell it, so I actually know what its worth... or what I should ask for it.

I wanna keep it for myself just for the snare... but that can't happen as it is not mine, and any offer I make her... I would feel bad.

Make an offer and I will mull it over.... also any info on the kit you could pass on would be greatly appreciated so I can tell the owner of it. She really has NO clue what she has.

Daniel

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here