Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

WFL info

well i finially got the WFL set ive been trying to get for about a month now.. now that i got it home im noticing a few things ill post some pictures when i get a chance but i think its may have ludwig hardware on it (lugs spurs tom rail ect..) and i think the bass drum may have had work doneto it and the wrap on the bass drum has 2 seperate creaces twards the bottom and they look like they where held in place with staples?... i dont have alot invested in these so if they are a total loss its not a big deal

basicly im just looking for info and pictures of WFLs i have a hard time finding any info on them at all on the internet... if anyone can point me in a good direction that would be great! thanks!-Willey

Posted on 14 years ago

The bass drum would originally have had two wrap joints/seems. The staples are another story.

Depending on the set, it is not uncommon to have hardware that is part Ludwig and part WFL because there was a transition point between the two companies.

David

Posted on 14 years ago

I know that Slingerland had used staples at times ... can't say whether Ludwig did.

Posted on 14 years ago

ok so i guess thats good news so far.. ill get some pictures up hopefully tommarow because theres a few other things i want to ask about but its hard to explain...like where the wood for the bass drum is joined theres like another piece of wood on top of it looks like its probably glued? but there is a few holes in it like it had some bolts holding it on as well or something... thanks alot for the info!

Posted on 14 years ago

Pics would help greatly. Let us know exactly what it says on the badges and give any details you can. Thanks!

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here