Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

WFL floor tom leg holder question..

hey folks

i'm currently in the middle of rewrapping a kit of orphans - b/o badged kick and rack and a WFL floor tom. i want to replace the leg holders on the floor tom from the spring loaded type (with straight legs) to the standard 70's classic type. the issue is obviously the hole spacing on the shell doesn't match the 70's holder. so i'm wondering if anyone knows, or has experimented with an adapter plate of some kind? a plate you can fix the leg holder to that is also drilled to match the existing holes.. i really don't want to start drilling unnecessary holes in the shell.

anyone..?

Posted on 10 years ago

Have you considered trading someone for a ft with hardware that matches what you are building? May just make your day, and someone else's. :D

Posted on 10 years ago

digmon, you don't see that many ludwig kits over here so trading would involve quite serious postage costs to overseas. it's not such a huge deal either, making up some kind of adapter plate. len howe at classic drums also does these holders with eyebolt and wingnut:

http://www.classicdrums.com/products/tom-parts/retro-tom-leg-brackets/

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here