Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

WFL Bass drum question - web site visitor

I just bought a bass drum on Ebay that is a WFL 26"x14". It is in Gold Sparkle finish and used to be a marching bass.The casings are the same style as my 1968 floor tom and the rims are wood with gold inlays, the same as a late 60s bass I own. The problem is that the badge is really beat up so i cant tell the actual age of the drum. It is the 3 ply shell with tone rings, like my other late 60's drums but the badge is definetily WFL. I'm not sure what year they changed from WFL to Ludwig so maybe that would give me a ball park idea. I am sending it out to be re finished so was wondering how old the drum actually is before I change the appearance.Any help youcould give would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on 19 years ago

.not sure if you got your answer to your WFL badge question...I have a 1957 WFLand was told that was the last year of WFL badges before they changed to Ludwig badge..............not 100% sure but that's what I was told .....

mike

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here