Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

WFL Bass Drum Hoop Width

I've had a collection of WFL orphans around for a while and finally found a 16" floor tom so the rewrap project can start. They were all bare shells, already stripped, so no question of saving an existing wrap. I'm leaning toward Precision Black Pearl (any opinions as to how this looks appreciated) but have a problem with the bass drum hoops. I swear I got the original hoops with the bass drum but it was almost 2 years ago and the only 20" hoops I have in my stash are narrower than I would have expected. They are 1 3/8" with a 5/8" inlay groove. Looks more like a Premier hoop to me.

Can a WFL expert tell me how wide the hoops should be and the width of any inlay groove? It's possibly I used the WFL hoops on another project by mistake, but if I know what I'm looking for in terms of size, it'll make the search easier.

Thx,

Peter

Posted on 7 years ago

Pete,

I just measured my 1957 WFL's...(22")

The hoops are 1 5/8......the inlay is 5/8.

These hoops are original.

Pix incld.

1 attachments
Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 7 years ago

My 22" hoops are 1 5/8" with 5/8 inlay. My 20" has one hoop the same and the other 1 1/2" with a 1/2" inlay. What the heck!

Posted on 7 years ago

Guys,

Thanks for measuring your WFL hoops... seems like 1 5/8" with 5/8" inlay is the winner. I'll dig around and see if I have any, otherwise I guess I'll be looking to pick up a pair.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here