Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

WFL badge Buddy Rich vs Jazz Festival snares

Assuming both are of equally excellent condition/all original parts:

WFL badge Buddy Rich model vs. pre-serial-# Jazz Fest.

(both are WMP)

Is one "rarer" than the other? More desirable? The thing is, I'm buying to PLAY, not to put on a shelf, so as they're both woodies, I also would love to ask if there's really any sound difference between the two (I know the Buddy model doesn't have a tone control and is a 1/2-inch taller).

Thank you as always, my brothers in drums. Sumo Dude

Posted on 14 years ago

The Superclassic is worth a bit more than a Jazz Festival. Sonically they will be similar. The superclassic strainer is not as easy to adjust as a regular p-83.....thats about all I have to offer on the subject, so hope it helps.. :D

Posted on 14 years ago

^^^^ It does help, it does! I need to know these things! Thank you!

Posted on 14 years ago

Ludwig-dude is right on the money. If looking for a player, the P-83 strainer is far more dependable.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Ludwig-dude

The Superclassic is worth a bit more than a Jazz Festival. Sonically they will be similar. The superclassic strainer is not as easy to adjust as a regular p-83.....thats about all I have to offer on the subject, so hope it helps.. :D

correct on all accounts, also i think the 5" sound's better than the 5 1/2", and yes the super classic doesn't have a lot of adjustment, not one of my fav's!Yes Sir

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here