Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

WFL 26" virgin Lyre Badge Web Site Question

I know you are a snare drum company, but I have a WFL 26" virgin Lyre Badge bass drum. It is a mahogany shell, with reinforcement rings (maple?). It has all of the original hardware (t-rods and lugs) minus the muffler, and any hoop mounted spurs (if there ever were any - not really sure.) It has the original calf skin heads which have absolutely no rips/tears whatsoever. It has some sort of date written in pencil along one of the reinforcement rings. The only thing wrong with it, is that somebody painted it white. Not sure when this was done, or what the original color/wrap was. The hoops and shell look to be in perfect round. What would something like this be worth, and are you interested in buying it? Thanks for your time and consideration.

Posted on 19 years ago

The Lyre badge was only used for a short period of time. The Rob Cook Ludwig book dates it at 1937.

The drum itself is a monster bass drum and a rare drum based on the badge!!

There is a chance depending on the paint and how it was applied that it possibly can be removed.

As far as value based on what you say that is a tough one since it is so big and has the finish issue. Some may say only $100. Others might want the parts bad enough for another drum and the hoop mounted spurs depending on which they are sell pretty good on Ebay.

Over all it really depends who wants it and how bad two people might want it on Ebay.

Drums that should not sell at a certain level due so because of the auction excitement and the chance to get something you have been waiting a long time for. People are willing to spend more.

I think realistically between $150 and $300 depending on the condition of the badge and hardware. The heads also might have a good value!

We have a few dealers on the site that could probably estimate better then me.

David

Posted on 19 years ago
Action Another action Something else here