Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

West German Cymbal Stands

Anyone know anything about these stands, small sticker on leg...made In W Germany. Thanks!

2 attachments
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. Berthold Auerbach
Posted on 8 years ago

From denzodennis

Anyone know anything about these stands, small sticker on leg...made In W Germany. Thanks!

I believe they are made by Hohner. My dad ad some of those in the late 70's-early 80's. They didn't lats him too many years as I recall though.......although, he was pretty rough on hardware back then......

Posted on 8 years ago

Thank you, Ludwig Dude!! I've had them for years...getting rid of them, along with a kit. They are definitely on the cheaper side.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. Berthold Auerbach
Posted on 8 years ago

From denzodennis

Thank you, Ludwig Dude!! I've had them for years...getting rid of them, along with a kit. They are definitely on the cheaper side.

Yup, I remember he got them instead of one of the other bigger brands at the time because of their affordability in comparison. I think he replaced them with Tama Titan series stands when they failed, which wasn't too many years down the road, if I remember correctly. Dad wasn't about keeping his hardware the same as the drum brand back then, it was more about cost & functionality at the time as he was a "weekend warrior". ;)

Now me on the other hand, I've always had an affinity to keep the same brand hardware as the drums I'm playing and deal with their shortcomings, if any. Kind of like the old stickers they used to put under the hoods of old Chevies......"Keep you GM all GM"......that kind of mentality. :p

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here