Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Weird 50's concert tom cocktail set

Saw this extremely odd kit in a shop in a very isolated part of Sweden. It has six concert toms ranging from around 8" through to around 15" (didn't have the opportunity to measure them) mounted around the edge of the bass drum. The bass drum is on it's side and the bass drum pedal/beater plays from underneath, in classic cocktail drum style. A nice looking aquamarine sparkle wrap on it.

Metal work appears to be unchromed though this might just be age. Lugs are very art deco in appearance, there is no brand to be seen anywhere and there are no bottom heads on anything. I've attached the photos I could (including one of inside the shell).

Any info on the kit would be appreciated. The kit has been with the present owner's family since the mid-sixties so we're talking considerably older than that.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

I feel kind of weird replying to my own thread but Ingo from the Trixon fan site www.trixondrums.de advises me this is an East German kit from a company called Trowa who existed in the 50s and 60s. Quality apparently not that astounding - but at least I have an answer to the question.

He actually sent me a page from an old catalogue featuring this "mambo" kit but in deference to his collection I won't post it here.

Cheers,

David

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here