Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Weat coast/East coast values = the same?

I was wondering if the valuations we place on drums differs from the West coast to the East coast. It seems like East coast prices for vintage drums are higher than those found out here on the West coast. Maybe it's just my imagination. What do you guys think?

Also, do you think that certain areas of the country are "richer" in vintage drum "wealth" than others? For example: I would imagine that the state of Illinois would have the richest caches of vintage drums since all those great manufacturers (Ludwig, Camco, Slingerland, etc.) were located there.

But, by this time, maybe another question should be, "Where are the most vintage drum collections?" I guess Bun Carlos and Mike Currotto would know the answer to that! ;)

Please discuss

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

LOL! That's "West" coast! Sorry about that. I hadn't had my coffee yet

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

I live in Concord NH and I must say that I have been astounded by some of the drums I have found around here. I will say that it seems certain brands show up in certain areas though. I have found countless Ludwigs here and lots of Slingerlands and Rogers and very few Gretsch. I don't think I have ever seen a Camco around here.

One thing that is cool is that my region has a history that goes back a long way so sometimes treasures can be found. Pricing seems the same though. It's definately getting harder to find stuff as well. Not as many deals as there used to be.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here