Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Water Restoration question

Hello,

I am currently in a dillema. I was in the process of restoring a 1966 Slingerland BDP kit. My basement took on about 2-3" of clean ground water from a failed sump pump.

The bass drum was missing a front head , hoop and claws. there was about a 10-11" wide water spot in the bass drum shell. I promptly emptied and used a hair dryer on low to prevent warping.

The issue I have now is how to remove the water stain from the interior ply of the shell.

The re-ring has to be reglued and some of the plies have gaps ( due to being used without a front head )

Is there an easy way to repair the inner ply? I am debating an extremely light sanding. Luckily, the date stamp is still intact.

Thanks Kindly

Posted on 9 years ago

I would just leave it alone. Unless the interior is painted you aren't going to be able to get rid of it with a light sanding because the stain has most likely seeped into the wood a little bit and is deeper than just the surface.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here