Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Was this colored wrap used on older drums?

Hello all. I am curious if this type/color wrap was used on older sets. It seems that lately the drum manufacturers have nearly all gone back to the vintage looking wraps in some part of their product lines. Here is a new Tama Superstar EFX Birch kit. I bought it just for the color, but the sound is incredible as well, a little bonus I suppose!! Any info would be greatly appreciated. See, I'm thinking that it would be kinda cool to actually locate a vintage set that closely resembles this new set. (or vice versa since the vintage set was around first) I've done this in the past with WMP type wraps and sparkled wraps, and it's really cool to see the old and the new side by side. This one, I think may be difficult. That's why I'm here!! To hopefully get info from some of you other members who have ALOT more experience in the older drums than I do. Who did this type wrap and when? What did they call this color back in the day? Thanks all!! :)

2 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Not with that finish exactly.

Look at the Slingerland finish for the Tangerine Satin Flame.

What color would you call that finish on the Tamas

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks again David!! I'll be looking for some Slingy's now. Tama calls it Orange Satin Flame. The flame part couldn't be more true!! This thing really does look like it's on fire!! Thanks again on the info of who may have used this wrap in the good ole days!!

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here