I'm making one of my rarer trips from Sydney, Australia to the US west coast, starting on 1 September in San Francisco and returning from Los Angeles on 12 September.

I am very keen to buy at least one vintage 50s 60s or early 70s kit with or without a snare drum. I'm also possibly interested in a snare drum or two as well - probably keystone Supras and/or Acrolites. Kit ideally in smaller sizes such as 12", 14", 20" though OK up to 13", 16", 22". I'm pretty open but if a Jazzette showed up, I'd be keen.

I'm thinking any one up/one down configuration by Ludwig, Slingerland, Rogers or, at a pinch, Leedy. Though I'm a Camco guy to my back teeth I'm looking to diversify.

If there was a Gretsch at the right price, that could also be cool but they tend to be a little too pricey for me.

I am a serious buyer with a reasonable (though not exorbitant) amount of money to spend immediately. The ideal is to be able to physically see the kit in question and simply pay for it and take it with me....so ideally SF, LA and environs or anywhere close to the coast road between the two because I'll be doing that drive.

Also happy to consider options from further afield but obviously the domestic US shipping just adds another layer of cost - and the Australian dollar is particularly sickly against the US at the moment so I'm trying to keep .

Looking forward to seeing what's out there. David